Saturday 28 June 2014

Joyful June and introducing, Operation COMMANDO!!


Wow! I’m not too sure where June went!! Yes, I know it’s the 29th still.  It seems like this year is just whizzing by!  SO this month has been pretty crazy!  Lots of ups and lots of downs.  For those of you who do not know me, I am at University studying to be a Primary school teacher.  I finished my third year prac which I LOVED!  I had such an amazing time in the classroom teaching the kids but I also learned a lot from them.  This wasn’t simply what we are supposed to learn on prac…curriculum, assessment, testing, crowd control, problem solving, building relationships etc.  No, I realised how happy and carefree young kids can and should be.  I realised (well, remembered) that happiness is the most important thing in life.  Yes, education/a roof/food/control (in my case!) etc… are all important, but at the end of the day, unless you are happy, you can not appreciate what you have.  I realised this one lunchtime I was simply watching and listening to the kids play.  The brilliant sound of laughter and happiness filled me with happiness.  Now this is something I already have learned, but sometimes we can get so caught up in out own problems and worries that we can forget to just be happy – it was a lovely reminder to myself that no matter what I’m going through I need to be grateful for what I have and just be happy.

So I finished prac and realised, that OMG! I SURVIVED THE SEMESTER!!  I throughout the semester, between my part time job and full time uni I have been working full six day weeks which doesn’t allow much time once I factor in training, a social life and uni work.  So I was ecstatic when I realised that I had survived this horrendous semester and that uni break is now here!  I am taking the opportunity now to rest, reset myself some goals and work on me.  My nutrition and training didn’t necessarily ‘suffer’ overall this semester, but I did go though periods where it was definitely not ideal!  Think…lollies, chocolate, cakes, portion distortion, coffees, missed training sessions…and all the other rubbish that comes with stress!  But hey, I’m only human and I am thankful that I did manage to stay pretty much on track.

My assignment board from semester 1...I SURVIVED IT!!


So what else have I been up to lately?  So if you have met me, you’ll probably know that I have a thing for the ‘Commando’.  For my 21st birthday last year, my friends stuck his photo inside my card!!  Yep!  He is amazing.  So I decided to reward myself, for holding it together pretty well this year (it’s been rough).  I enrolled in a three day training camp lead by Commando up in the Gold Coast.  Permit me to scream… I AM SO, SO, SO EXCITED!!  I convinced a mate it would be a great experience and she will be coming with me.  So we have paid for flights and the camp!!  I will likely die at the hands of Commando, but hey, if I do, I will definitely be dying happy!!  So, now…I have my new goal (I have been without one for awhile, just kinda floundering and training because I JFDI).


OPERATION COMMANDO!!  I have been at my goal weight for a while now.  I also have a little more fat to lose.  I want to improve myself in all areas of my life… so my new goals under OPERATION COMMANDO are:
1.     Lose the last 5 kilos to be comfortable in a bikini on the Gold Coast
2.     Improve my muscle definition
3.     Increase the weights I currently lift in all areas
4.     Consciously work on being happy and relaxed in my mind everyday, this means being kind to myself – because if you have a healthy mindset, your body will follow…
5.     Survive training with the ‘Commando’

This was inside my 21st birthday card last year!

It's up on my wall now...Operation Commando!  I will be ready to train come November!

So from now until Novemeber, I want to become even better than I am now.  I want to be kinder to myself and a more relaxed and happier person.  I also want to increase my fitness and strength and when November rolls around, I will not have any regrets!

And, just some other random moments from the month of June…

But first, let me take a selfie ;) 
Just saying'... I love my new One Active top!!

                                              Mmmmmm! This chicken noodle soup I made last week was incredible!! 

I felt beautiful at my cousins wedding, in the dress I had agonised over buying! I can now go shopping and buy gorgeous, designer clothes off the rack! 
YUM! Zucchini slice...reminds me of my childhood =) It tastes great and freezes well too!

Liz Xox

No comments:

Post a Comment