Tuesday 25 February 2014

The New Me, The Best Me!


Hi guys!
Recently I have connected with many 12 weekers both online and in person. Those in person especially are gobsmacked that I have lost 30kg. So I have shared this a few times and had great responses, so I thought I would throw it out to the world and hopefully I will inspire someone along the way!

I don't even know where to begin to be honest! But I posted this on facebook the other day, I met some amazing people in Brisbane at the round 4 finale! I also learned there that 30+ crew was kilos, not age! (...Der Liz!!) I've lost 30kilos, I started at 100kg...I have never really admitted to being this heavy before, basically I just didn't want to accept the truth of triple digits.

Well...my name is Liz Christie. I'm 21 and live in Adelaide, South Australia. I've lost 30kg, gone from 100kg, to 70kg. I'm aiming for 65kg, however really, I would just like a flat stomach! And yes, I am willing to work for it!! Just over a year ago I started. I was 20, and hated myself. Literally. I couldn't look in the mirror without wanting to throw up, or cry. I hated watching everything my friends could do, while I sat out because "I'm not into that" or simply any one of the hundred stories I came up with to get out of things that made me uncomfortable.

So I started walking, just 30 mins a day to get myself into a routine. I was still eating crap, but my fitness slowly started to build, so I joined the gym with my friend, and decided if I was paying for my membership, I was going to do it right by eating well too. I started just by reading Mish's books and watching her vids and DVDs - (some brilliant ones on YouTube!) Then later, stumbled upon the 12wbt.

So that's how I started...the rest I like to think of as amazing moments, or milestones - ones everyone deserves to experience, everyday. Not blitzing a marathon, or climbing a mountain, just small, every day wins, ones which now make life so much more enjoyable. So here is a (condensed) list I've compiled!!

1. Realising that My body can do a lot more than I gave it credit for

2. Realising I have collarbones! I also have a pointy chin and no, I do not have chubby cheeks thankyou very much!

3. No longer being plus sized

4. Not worrying about wether or not a chair, shaky bridge, table etc. is going to collapse from bearing my weight

5. Being able to clearly see my eyes without fat rolls in the way

6. Being able to comfortably cross my legs, sitting on a chair

7. fitting comfortably in an airplane seat

8. Wearing jeans and totally rocking them!!

9. Wearing a bikini on the beach for the very first time

10. Going shopping and coming home happy

11. Walking into shops I would never have dreamed of entering - Bardot, pilgrim, lorna jane...without fear of being judged

12. Walking down the st and smiling to myself as I glimpse my reflection in shop windows

13. Walking into shops like Bardot, pilgrim and lorna jane AND THE CLOTHES FITTING!

14. Going shopping and buying clothes without bursting into tears

15. Going shopping and knowing that what ever I choose, will fit me

16. Being less self conscious...in general

17. Having more confidence. Being able to accept compliments. Walking into a room full of people I don't know and striking up a conversation (I went to the Brissy finale a couple of weeks ago, without knowing anyone!)

18. Being less self critical of myself - Learning to love myself for who I am, not who I want to be. Accepting myself.

19. Being able to look at myself in the mirror and feel elated, not feel disgusted

20. Realising that I deserve more out of life, to be happy - and realising this when I did (not 30 years down the track)

21. Being able to go out in public from walking down the street, to going to a party, and not feeling like I pull the attention for all the wrong reasons

22. Being confident enough to leave the house without make up on! (I used it as a mask)

23. Not wanting to go to bed as soon as I get home, because I have so much more energy now

24. Training is just another part of my day...one I've learned to love and really treasure

25. Being open with my family and friends, ie. not hiding my emotions inside myself - I'm working on it!

26. Having a clear and happy mind - I'm working on losing my heavy mindset

27. Being so damn positive in day to day life! The glass is half full baby!!

28. Realising that by putting others down, I wasn't making myself look any better - I try to see the best in everyone

29. No longer playing the comparison game when I meet someone new!! (You know the one, "it's ok, I'm slimmer", or, "oh damn she's so much prettier than me")

30. Enjoying having my photo taken. I'm not afraid to "look fat" in photos anymore, and not needing to delate those ones I don't approve of

31. Realising that the wardrobe I invested in 6 months ago (because I had shrunk out of my first new one) is now too big!

32. Being comfortable enough to go into a club and dance!

33. Learning to embrace my emotions and deal with them rather than suppress them

34. Being strong enough to no longer take crap from ANYONE!

35. When I am upset, angry or stressed, I train rather than eat

36. Keeping my head up with confidence and pride when I walk, and in turn enjoying the sun and fresh air on my face.

When I started, I literally had no idea how far I would make it. I'm so proud of my transformation, mind, body and soul. And the best part is I am now confident enough to admit to it!!!

Seriously, I live by this...BE THE BEST VERSION OF YOURSELF!! And to anyone just starting out on this journey, know that it will be hard, you will just want to curl up in a ball and cry, but you will also feel elation and pride, happiness and love. It is an amazing journey, but embrace the emotion. I spent so long fighting the emotions but the mindset lessons taught me to open up, and TRUST THE PROCESS!

I have gone from a size 18 to a SIZE 10!!!! Its an amazing feeling but an odd one too. It took me about 10 months to lose 30 kgs. Trust me I had so many ups and downs! Some weeks i'd lose a stack of weight, then the next i'd put it back on. But what I stood by, was to NEVER GIVE UP and JFDI. Don't get so caught up on the numbers, but enjoy the process. Enjoy doing new things, or things you haven't done in years. Enjoy the moment you can't wear your favourite top/jeans what ever it is, because they are far too big. Thats the moment you get to go shopping and feel awesome. Only to find a couple of months later, your new wardrobe is too big!

People now notice me, they notice my confidence and happiness the most, it is in the way that I carry myself. I have learnt so much about myself on this program, I have become the best me I can be. Everyone deserves to be happy, and to achieve this, you need to put yourself first. Non-negotiable!

Liz Xox

The picture on the left was taken in 2012, and the one on the right was Christmas day 2013...It just goes to show that if you put your mind to something, you can do incredible things! Xox

No comments:

Post a Comment