Saturday 12 July 2014

Never forget to celebrate your small wins!



Imagine that you are standing at the bottom of a mountain you are planning to climb.  The initial task seems daunting, for some- too hard, you turn away… it goes into the too hard basket.  But what if you break it down into manageable chunks with achievable goals?  The task becomes just that.  Achievable.  Remember that you can have anything you want and that we are the product of our own choices.

So I put this to you.  What ever it is that you want, your goal… this doesn’t have to be weight loss like I am talking about, it could be saving for a house/holiday/car or working toward that dream job or promotion at work… what ever it is, break down that task into manageable chunks, each with it’s own end goal.  So what did I do, I thought thirty kilos… seriously?  That’s not possible.  So I broke down the number.  I wanted to lose five kilos.  When I reached that goal, I celebrated!  Those five kilos soon became ten kilos and I celebrated again.  Once I reached fifteen kilos I knew that I could do this, and I celebrated reaching that goal.  Each mini milestone brought me closer to achieving my BIG goal, which after nine months I did.  Yes, there were major celebrations for that one!!  Can you run faster than you could last week?  Are you wearing that gorgeous top you haven't worn in years?  Is there a fun run you never dreamed of entering, which you have now completed?  Do you smile when you look in the mirror rather than cringing?  Did you choose to eat a healthy meal rather than an unhealthy one?  Seriously, the list goes on and on!! 

So there it is, celebrate every single small win or mini-goal.  By doing so, you get to see that success is possible.  Success is motivating.  If you can achieve lots of small goals, what is stopping you from achieving a big one?



Liz Xox

No comments:

Post a Comment