Sunday 11 January 2015

A New Year, new beginnings and jumping around on TV with MB


So I spent my first day of the New Year pretty much packing up my life.  Packing up my childhood bedroom ready to “become a real adult” *cough, cough*… a dramatic way of saying ‘move out of home’.  So that’s where the first two weeks of the New Year have gone for me, and why… yet again, I haven’t posted in awhile!

                                                     The mess that was my bedroom...


Packing up my room took a fair bit of effort, I mean, it’s been my bedroom for 20 of the 22 years I’ve been around for… I had a lot of sorting and throwing out to do.  It made me really think about the year I’d had, massive highs and depressing lows, peaks and troughs.  I guess that’s just life.  Good things happened but bad things happened too.  I learned a lot last year, and it wasn’t until I packed up and moved, that I realised.  2014 was the year I became strong, on the inside.  I realised that I had to look after myself but more importantly that I COULD look after myself, I could pick myself up, dig my way out of that dark ditch, and brush myself off, get up and tell the world to come at me.  I realised just how strong of a woman I have become.  It wasn’t until I was in front of a camera voicing my inner demons, things I had never said out loud before, that I realised how far I had come.  A year ago I could never had had the courage to tell the world how I felt, why I wanted to lose weight in the first place.  I tried every day to act like I was happy with the way I was, people around me bought it.  Fast-forward two years and I’m jumping around on TV with Michelle Bridges telling the world my story, hoping to inspire others to make the change, to learn how to be truly happy.  That’s what I am now, and how I have chosen to start the New Year… simply happy. 

Liz Xox

                                                         Screenshot from Youtube!! =D

                                                           Watch the TV advert here =)

                                                   Moving in, apparently I had my priorities right! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment